SOAL Latihan PAS dan UAS Kelas 9 SMP Bahasa Inggris, Making Vanilla Drop Cookies Semester 1. Berikut kita dibahas kunci jawaban soal untuk latihan penilaian harian dan ulangan baik Penilaian Akhir Semester (PAS) maupun Ulangan Akhir Semester (UAS).
SOAL Latihan PAS dan UAS Kelas 9 SMP Bahasa Inggris, Making Vanilla Drop Cookies Semester 1
Simak dengan seksama berikut ini merupakan soal dan kunci jawaban latihan PAS dan UAS kelas 9 SMP/MTS materi pelajaran Bahasa Inggris bagian pilihan ganda dan essay.
Mata pelajaran Bahasa Inggris untuk kelas 9 SMP/MTS semester 1 (Ganjil) tahun 2020.
Soal dan jawaban yang dibahas berikut hanyalah sebagai referensi bahan belajar bagi siswa dan guru dan orang tua dalam membimbing anak-anak peserta didik.
>>>>SOAL BAHASA INGGRIS KELAS 9 SMP/MTS SEMESTER 1
*SOAL PILIHAN GANDA
A. Answer the question by choosing A, B, C or D!
1. Neni : Would you like to accompany me to the shop?
Rina : … I want to buy some snack too.
Neni : OK, then. Let’s go!
A. I’m not B. Sorry C. Certainly D. I have doubt
2. Anang : Did you do the test very well, Andi?
Andi : ….. I don’t have a hope of getting even 50.
Anang : But are you sure?
Andi : Absolutely. Not a hope!
Anang : Don’t worry too much. Next time better.
A. Sorry B. I’m sure C. Certainly D. I’m not so sure
3. Marko : I have good news for you. Your article on the tourism in Indramayu won the national competition.
Jaka : ….? It’s what I want to hear. Where can I find the information about it?
Marko : I read the announcement in front of the teacher’s office.
Jaka : I want to see it. Thanks for the information.
A. Well B. Really C. Oh, I see D. Sure
4. Kesya : Hello, Resty. Look at my new purse. I made it myself.
Resty : Hello, Kesya. Hey, that’s nice. Isn’t that your old purse? The one that we bought one year ago?
Kesya : Yup, that’s right.
Resty : How did you do that?
Kesya : Sorry ….
Resty : How did you do that, Kesya?
Kesya : Oh. Well, first, I just added some colourful buttons.Then, four–five glittery beads. Finally,I gave my magic finishing touch, hahaha.
A. What did you say? C. What do you want?
B. What did you do D. What are you doing?
5. Dona : Hey, Gun. What are you doing?
Gun : I’m making a windmill from paper. Ah, now it is finished.
Dona : Wow,…… ! How did you do that?
Gun : I made it from a square piece of paper by cutting inwards from each corner halfway to the centre point. Then, I folded over each point with a dot on it and tape it to the centre.
A. It’s easy B. It’s terrific C. It’s difficult D. It’s dangerous
Read text for question no. 6-8!
Wanted for Big Restaurant
Applicants must be:
Able to speak English.
Age 16 – 20
All applications must reach to our office no later than two weeks.
Apply in writing to: SEAFOOD RESTAURANT Jl. Gajah Mada 108, Yogyakarta
Yogya Post / 3rd March 2011.
6. Which qualification must the applicants have?
A. Unfriendly C. Experienced
B. Fluent English D. More than 20 years old
7. How can we apply the job?
A. By mail C. By phone
B. By e-mail D. On line
8. The word “ unnecessary” is similar in meaning to ….
A. very urgent C. not important
B. not perfect D. Uneasy
Read text for question no. 9-11!
Jogja, 20 September 2013
To : Ivone
Jl.Wirapati no. 15
Indramayu – West Java
By this letter I am proud to tell you about some changes in my life that I have done so far. I have just finished my computer class in Pioneer College. I have taken the course since July last year, and I have learnt about office program for ten months.
Now, I am able to operate computer quite well. And I plan to take English course next month. I will take it in
EnglishFirst in my town. Well, Ivone. That is all what I want to tell you about my changes in my life. Please, tell me about your progress that you have done so far in turn. I’ll wait for your letter.
Wish me luck,
9. Where does Fani live?
A. In Indramayu B. In Bandung C. in Jakarta D. in Jogja
10.What did Fani tell Ivone about?
A. Her capability to operate computer C. Her changing in her life
B. Her finishing computer course D. Her English course
11. “ I will take it in English First.” “ It” refers to…
A. English course C. Computer course
B. English First D. Plan
Read text for question no. 12-15!
Friday, October 28, is The YouthPledge Day. To celebrate it, each class must present a couple of
boy and girl. They have to wear and perform the traditional costumes. Also, there will be an English
Speech competition. Each class can present a boy or a girl. The categories for judging will be: Best of
performance, Message and Creativity. Winners will receive prizes at 02.00 pm at the school hall.
For more information, please confirm your class counselor
12. How many contests are there in the text?
A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. 4
13.The prizes will be given ….
A. in the morning B. in the afternoon C. in the evening D. at night
14. “ Also, there will be an English Speech competition.”
The synonym of the underlined word is ….
A. contest B. match C. game D. show
15. “ They have to wear and perform the traditional costumes”.
The underlined word refers to …
A. traditional costumes C. prizes
B. winners of the contest D. a couple of boy and girl
Read text for question no. 16-17!
To. Fanny (081324929457)
Sorry to hear that your grandmother passed away yesterday. I know it’s very hard for you since you
love her very much. But, let’s pray that God will bless and keep her always.
16.Who had passed away?
A. Fanny C. Fanny’s grandmother
B. Reza D. Reza’s grandmother
17. “ … your grandmother passed away yesterday”. (Par. 1). The underlined word means …
A. died B. Took C. went D. came
Read text for question no. 18-21!
What you need:
1 kilo of very fine minced meat (preferably beef)
300 grams of tapioca-flour
4-8 cloves of garlic
1 red onion
1 teaspoon of white pepper
2 teaspoons of salt
Steps to make meat ball:
First of all, mix garlic, red onion, salt, and white pepper in a mortar or mixer.
Second step, mix the spice-mixture with the eggs, the tapioca-flour and the minced meat.
After that, use your fingers, add a cup of water, and keep on working until the mixture feels soft and smooth.
Then, boil some water in a rather large pot, at least about 2 liters.
Next step, start rolling the mixture into small meatballs.
Finally, lower the meatballs into the boiling water. When they float up to the surface the meatball are ready
18.In the first step, we should mix some ingredients, except ….
A. red onion B. garlic C. Eggs D. white pepper
19.What does the text above tell us about?
A. Making meatball soup C. How to make meatballs
B. Making fried meatball D. How to make the soup
20. According to the text, the meatball must be …
A. round B. pointed C. flat D. spicy
21.Finally lower the meatballs into the boiling water. The underlined word can be replaced with the word …
A. lift B. throw C. roll D. put
Read text for question no. 22-25!
Elephants: The Amazing Animals
Elephants are the largest land animals on earth. They have the largest brains of any mammals.
Elephants talk to each other. Researchers have discovered more than 50 different types of calls that they
use to communicate with each other. Their trunks are strong enough to pick up trees but sensitive enough to pick
up flowers. They use them as tools to sweep paths, to scratch themselves, and to swat flies. They are good swimmers and use their trunks like snorkels. They live together in family groups. They help each other when in trouble. They join together to care for and rescue their young.
22.What is the main idea of the paragraph 1?
A. Elephants have largest brain C. Elephants has 50 different types
B. Elephants are the largest animals D. Elephants are good swimmers
23.Which of the following descriptions is not correct?
A. Elephants can’t take flowers.
B. They can communicate well with their babies.
C. They are cooperative among others.
D. They help each others in trouble
24. “ … to care for and rescue their …”. The closest synonym of the word “ rescue” is …
A. bring B. feed C. save D. eat
25. “ Researchers have discovered more than….”The underlined word has the same meaning as…
A. looked for B. got C. searched D. found
Ready text for question no. 26-29!
How to Make a Paper Boat or Hat
Things you need
A half page of newspaper
What to do
First, fold the paper in half the long way, crease and unfold.
Second, fold the sides up to the middle crease, keep folded.
Next, fold the corners down to the middle.
After that, fold the corners down to the middle again.
Then, fold the points downs to the middle.
Finally, open the middle and turn it inside out to make a boat, or flip it over and wear it as a hat.
26. How many times do we have to fold the paper?
A. 6 B. 4 C. 5 D. 3
27.What is the third step in making a paper boat?
A. Fold the paper in half the long way C. Fold the sides up to the middle crease
B. Fold the corners down to the middle D. Fold the points downs to the middle
28. How many steps should we follow to make a good paper boat or hat as mentioned in the text?
A. 7 B. 5 C. 6 D. 4
29. “ Finally open the middle and turn it inside out to make a boat or flip it over and wear it as a hat.”
The underlined word could be best replaced with the word ….
A. have B. design C. perform D. create
Read text for question no. 30-34!
Gorillas are the largest of all the primates. A male gorilla can be 180 centimeters tall and can weigh 200 kilograms. Gorillas are very strong but they do not often fight. In fact they are peaceful animals. Gorillaslive in small family groups of about 15. In a group there is one strong, older male, some young males, and a females with their babies. They move slowly around a large area of jungle eating leaves and bushes.
In some ways gorillas are very like humans. When they are happy, they laugh and wave their arms. When they are angry, they beat their chests. When they are sad, they cry. But they cry quietly, without any tears. Unfortunately, people hunt and kill gorillas. They also cut down and burn their trees. There are now only 10,000 gorillas left in the world.
30. How tall can gorillas be?
A. one hundred and eighteen C. eighteen hundred
B. one hundred eighty D. two hundred
31.What is the purpose of the text above?
A. to retell about gorillas C. to entertain the gorillas
C. to explain gorillas D. to describe gorillas
32.What does paragraph 1 tell us about?
A. The size of gorillas C. The largest gorillas
B. The strength of gorillas D. The habitat of gorillas
33.The main idea of the second paragraph is ….
A. There are only about 10,000 gorillas in the world C. Gorillas are like human
B. People hunt and kill gorillas D. When gorillas sad, they cry
34. “ They also cut down and burn …”. The world “ They” here refers to ….
A. gorillas B. People C. humans D. Females
Read the text to complete question no. 35 to 37!
The cheetah is the fastest animal on land. It can …(35)… 100 kilometers an hour. It is now rare and is one of the animals which is in danger of extinction.
The cheetah has a small head and ears, and long, powerful legs. It always hunts and chases its
…(36)… on open ground. This is a different way of hunting from the other “ big cats”. They like to stay in and near trees to catch their prey. The cheetah is also different …(37)… other cats because it cannot draw in its claws
35. A. fly B. drive C. walk D. run
36. A. family B. friend C. relative D. prey
37. A. with B. in C. From D. to
38.Rearrange the following jumbled words to make a good sentence!
all – the – of – gorillas – primates – are – largest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A. 4-6-2-7-3-1-5 B. 4-6-2-3-1-7-5 C. 2-4-6-7-1-3-5 D. 2-4-6-1-3-7-5
39. Arrange the following sentences to make a good procedure of charging your handphone.
1. Remove the charger by pulling out from your hand phone.
2. Wait until the battery icon appears on the screen.
3. Connect the charger to your hand phone, the flash symbol on the charger plug must face upward.
4. Charge the battery approximately 5 hours or until the battery icon indicates that the battery is fully charged.
A. 1-2-3-4 B. 4-3-2-1 C. 3-2-4-1 D. 3-4-1-2
40. Arrange the following text into a good paragraph
1. Some famous landmarks are the Harbour Bridge, the Opera House and Uluru (Ayers Rock).
2. The population of Australia is about 20 million.
3. Australia is a large continent.
4. There are many plants and animals that are only found in Australia, e.g. kangaroos, platypuses, gum trees and Waratahs.
5. The capital city of Australia is Canberra.
A. 5-4-3-2-1 B. 2-1-4-5-3 C. 5-2-5-4-1 D. 3-5-2-4-1
B. Read the text and answer the questions!
Read text and answer question no. 41 to 43!
Vanilla Drops Cookies
1 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
1⁄4 tea spoons baking powder
1⁄4 tea spoons vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1. Combine flour and baking powder, set aside
2. Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until light coloured
3. Stir in the flour and baking powder mixture
4. Drop the batter by tea spoonfuls about 2 inches apart into a greased and floured
baking sheets. Set aside in a room temperature for 6 hours.
5. Bake at 350o F for 6 minutes
6. Remove from baking sheets to a wire rack to cool
41. What should we do after combining flour and baking powder?
42. How long do you need to bake the cookies?
43. What is the purpose of the text?
44. Rearrange the words into a good sentence!
rainforests – are – characterized – rainfall – high – by
45. Rearrange the sentences below to make a good paragraph!
(1) It weighs 150 pounds or more.
(2) It lives in the scrub and woodland of a few Indonesian islands.
(3) This lizard is called komodo.
(4) The largest komodo even weighs 366 pounds (166 kg)
(5) Do you know what is the largest lizard?
(6) Komodo dragon is the world’s heaviest lizard.
* KUNCI JAWABAN PILIHAN GANDA
1. B 21. D
2. D 22. B
3. C 23. B
4. A 24. C
5. C 25. D
6. B 26. B
7. A 27. B
8. C 28. B
9. D 29. D
10. C 30. B
11. A 31. D
12. B 32. C
13. B 33. C
14. B 34. B
15. D 35. D
16. C 36. D
17. A 37. A
18. C 38. A
19. C 39. C
20. A 40. D
* KUNCI JAWABAN SOAL URAIAN
41. Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until light colored
42. 6 minutes
43. To tell the readers how is the way to make vanilla drop cookies
44. rainforests are characterized by high rainfall
45. 5 – 2 – 3 – 6 – 1 – 4
*Disclaimer: Jawaban di atas hanya digunakan oleh orang tua untuk memandu proses belajar anak.
SOAL Latihan PAS dan UAS Kelas 9 SMP Bahasa Inggris